Holiday Schedule: No Meetings during the weeks of Thanksgiving or Christmas
A Biblical Christ-centered 12 Step Program
We are here to reach the lost and hurting in our community with the love of Christ, and to disciple them according to the Word.
Fridays at 7:00pm
227 Charter Oak Drive
Canyon Lake, Texas
THE 12 STEPS
1. We have admitted we are powerless over our habits and addictions and that our lives are unmanageable.
Romans 7:15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
2. We have come to believe that we need God to restore us.
Jeremiah 17:14 O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone!
3. We ask Jesus to remove our shortcomings as we turn our will and our lives over to God's care.
Psalm 32:1 Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight!
4. We seek to improve our relationship with God through prayer and meditating on his word.
Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
5. We asked the Holy Spirit to give us the power and guidance to carry out God's will.
Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
6. We have forgiven others for the harm they have caused us.
Colossians 3:13 Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
7. We have made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Lamentations 3:40 Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.
8. We have made a list of the people we have harmed and have become willing to make amends to them all.
Matthew 7:12 Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.
9. We have confessed to God, to ourselves, and to another person the exact nature of our wrongs.
James 5:16a Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
10. We have made direct amends to the people we have harmed except when doing so would cause injury to them or others.
Matthew 5:23-24 So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.
11. We continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong, promptly admit it.
1 Corinthians 10:12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.
12. We share God's message with others and ask God to lead us in serving others.
Colossians 3:16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.